Location: Lloyd BMW Carlisle
We have an exciting new opportunity for a senior technician at our site in Carlisle. The main purpose of the role is to diagnose technical problems and carry out service, repair, testing and PDI activities in line with regulated, franchise and corporate standards and processes.
• To carry out Services, Pre Delivery Inspections and MOT tests (if designated and authorised) Carrying out those activities as are specified on the relevant schedule.
• Ensuring all the scheduled activities are carried out, designating this on the applicable documentation and/or system including recording the time taken and parts and consumables used by reporting faults/problems found outside the scheduled activity. Seeking authorisation to proceed with rectification work if appropriate by carrying out all such activities within the allowed time frames.
• To Diagnose, report and rectify vehicle faults and problems, by carrying out such activities utilising department diagnostic and analytical equipment and methodologies with recourse to Franchise supplied equipment and systems if appropriate. Seeking advice from Service Management and from Franchise technical support if unable to diagnose fault by reporting cause and effect of problem and ascertaining estimated cost to repair seeking authorisation to proceed and ordering parts required if relevant.
• Ensuring that all activities are carried out within departmental, corporate, Franchise and Safety parameters and that all relevant systems and documents are completed including time recording and warranty information as appropriate.
• To update personal knowledge by keeping abreast of new products and technical diagnostic methodologies as are relevant to the Dealership and Franchise customer base and released on bulletins, information sheets, manuals and systems, processes and briefings.
• Attending Franchise and in-house training courses, seminars and briefings as are relevant by eliciting technical help and advice from specialists as required, incorporating methods and techniques learned into personal working competences.
• To deliver quality work in a safe and efficient way by ensuring that all work is carried out to given safety standards, specialist tools and equipment is used safely and correctly, that the work area is kept clean and tidy throughout and removed parts and consumables are disposed of as per dealership rules according to their status (eg: waste or warranty)
Hours of work Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and working 1 in 3 Saturdays 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
If you are interested in the job role please send a covering letter and CV to:
HR Department Lloyd Group, Kingstown Broadway, Kingstown, Carlisle, CA3 0EF
or contact 01228 517100 for more details.